A lot of people come to me asking how much is it to rent an apartment/house?
Truth is there are a lot of variables like anywhere else in the world. Many people dont yet know the area or how things work in general. But basically there are some simply rules when looking for a property.
1. Internet prices are always more expensive than local rates.
2. Most properties arent upto or anywhere near western specifications. Most only have cold showers and often poor electrical installations.
3. The prices even locally can fluctuate if your a westerner and approach first hand, always better to get someone to pre-negotiate for you not making people aware that you are a foreigner.
4. The price is often negotiable and terms can also vary.
5. Booking a property on rental for 6 months + can work out a lot cheaper than a monthly or daily rent.
Then there is the areas which cause price differences :-
1. City living can be expensive or cheap depending on the quality and location of the building. A good quality condo can be as expensive as a house in another location but obviously the condo is smaller but does have some exclusive benefits that wouldnt come from having a house.
2. Province living is cheaper and can often be a more relaxing and “getting back to basics” way of life. Personally i prefer provinces but some of them are well located to give you a stones throw distance of cities and the extra facilities of hospitals,restaurants etc, but at a close enough distance to keep you from the smog and dense population.
3. Beach living.. Living near the beach can be expensive depending on location the better the location the chance the price will get higher as many of the locations with quality beaches are owned and controlled by resorts.
So where would i live? Would always choose a location more central that can offer access to the surrounding areas. E.g beaches to the north and south, Rural provinces within seeings distance from the garden and between the cities. Everything accessible within 30 mins to an hour.
As im getting asked more and more im going to be looking to develop a rental site on my next trip so if anyone is interested in renting please get in touch. Aswell if you have property you would like to rent out.
I can be emailed at :- firstname.lastname@example.org