Philippines Temporary Resident Visa (13A)

The 13A Resident Visa is issued to (a) restricted nationals who are legally married to Filipino citizens; and (b) their unmarried children under 21 years old, to legally live in the Philippines for one year and extend for two years at the Bureau of Immigration.

  1. Notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse
  2. Accomplished and Notarized General Application Form (BI Form No. MCL-07-01)
  3. NSO authenticated copy of the Filipino spouse’s birth certificate
  4. NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract (if married in the Philippines); or Philippine Embassy or Consulate authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract (if married abroad)
  5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate
  6. Photocopy of the foreign spouse’s passport showing the date of arrival and authorized period to stay

Fees in Pesos

  1. Upon Filing Application 1,010

Express Lane 500

BI Clearance 1,010

  1. Upon Implementation ACR and Form 1,050

Change of Status 600

Passport Visa 200

CRTV and Form 1,450

Implementation 1,000

Legal Research 50

Head Tax 250

Express Fee 250

– Can obtain employment in the Philippines
– Can lease real property
– Can own personal property
– Can qualify for Filipino citizenship after five years of residence in the country

Forms: General Application Form (BI Form No. MCL-07-01)
BI Clearance Certificate

7 comments for “Philippines Temporary Resident Visa (13A)

  1. Tropicalpenpals
    July 8, 2010 at 6:41 pm

    1. You don't have to go to immigration regularly (like a tourist visa every 60days 13(a) annually!).
    2. You can open a bank account (difficult if on tourist visa).
    3. You can have a driving license (difficult on tourist visa).
    4. You save on fees.
    5. On year 5 you can apply for citizenship of the Philippines.
    6. You can work in the Philippines.

  2. Prettylovelyinred
    July 8, 2010 at 3:53 pm

    What are the Advantages of having a 13A visa?

  3. stella
    February 12, 2011 at 7:00 am

    hi,, my husband wants to apply for permanent residence.. we are having trouble on what to write on the spouse application, which means i will be writing an application letter for my husband. can u tell me what should be written on that application letter,, the only thing we need to apply is the BI Clearance b4 we can apply for the permanent residence


  4. Matt wilkie
    February 12, 2011 at 8:26 am

    Hi Stella,
    Its a very simple and brief letter try not to make it complicated. All your asking is that you want your husband to come and live with you and that your doing it freely. I have just added a sample letter WRITTEN BY IMMIGRATION. That you can copy and adjust for yourself as you can see its very very basic they don’t want long letters just the facts.

  5. David
    May 12, 2011 at 4:35 pm

    hello my name is David. I am 25 years old and lived in the Philippines for 7 months now. My advise is if you are married to a filipina go ahead and apply for your 13a visa. Its a pretty easy process to do. Just beware of these people who offer to prepare your papers for you. Like i said it is a very easy process. it took me about a month to get approved in manila.

  6. Anonymous
    December 31, 2011 at 8:35 am

    what can cause a renewal to be subjected to investigation and interview?

    • Profile photo of OLDARTICLES
      January 1, 2012 at 9:04 am

      Ask an immigration official or an immigration lawyer. The article isn’t about how to get one refused its about the process of getting one.