The Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV), issued pursuant to the provisions of the Omnibus Investments Code of 1987, as amended and these implementing rules and regulations, shall entitle the holder to reside in the Philippines for an indefinite period as long as the required qualifications and investments are maintained as provided for in Article 74 of the Code.
The visa when issued by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate shall be issued with the following notation: “Special Investor’s Resident Visa under the Omnibus Investments Code of 1987”.
Any alien who is at least twenty-one (21) years of age, who meets the following qualifications:
• He has not been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude
• He is not afflicted with any loathsome, dangerous or contagious disease
• He has not been institutionalized for any mental disorder or disability
• He is willing and able to invest the amount of at least US$75,000.00
For purposes of securing an SIRV, only investments/shares of stocks in existing, new or proposed corporations shall be allowed/ accepted as eligible forms of investment:
1. Publicly- listed companies
2. Companies engaged in areas listed in the Investment Priorities Plan (IPP) of the Board of Investments. (The IPP is a list of priority areas of economic activities which the Government promotes for investments.)
3. Companies engaged in the manufacturing and services sectors
The companies whose activities fall in any of the following major sectoral classifications found under the services sectoral classification lists shall be deemed in the service sectors for purposes of evaluating the qualification of SIRV applicants:
a) Business services;
b) Communication services;
c) Construction and related engineering services;
d) Distribution services;
e) Educational services;
f) Environmental services;
g) Financial services;
h) Health related and social services;
i) Tourism and travel related services;
j) Recreational, cultural and sporting services;
k) Transport services, and
l) Other services not included elsewhere.
Ownership of shares of stock in corporations engaged in wholesale trading shall not be allowed.
Investments in condominium units or partnerships are no longer allowed.
APPLICATION FOR PROBATIONARY SIRV (valid for six (6) months)
1. BOI Form SIRV-001A for Principal applicant / BOI Form SIRV-001B for Dependents
2. Signed and notarized Deed of Undertaking (for Principal only)
3. Accomplished Personal History Statement Form – all spaces filled up<
4. Police Clearance issued abroad translated into English and duly authenticated by Philippine Embassy/Consulate or
5. Clearance from the Interpol Division of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) issued in the Philippines valid for
6. Medical Certificate (Authenticated by the Bureau of Quarantine of the Phil. Department of Health) valid for 6 months
7. Birth Certificate / Family Registry / Household Registry duly authenticated by Philippine Embassy/Consulate
8. Marriage Contract (if applicable), duly authenticated by Philippine Embassy/Consulate
9. Proof of Inward Remittance from Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) – Head Office or Land Bank of the
10. Philippines -Sen. Gil J. Puyat Ave. (Buendia) Branch
11. Processing fee of US$ 300 per person in Philippine Peso equivalent
12. Bureau of Immigration (BI) fee:
Php10,110.00 per person (14 yrs.old and above)
Php9,360.00 per person (below 14yrs.old)
The probationary SIRV can be converted into an Indefinite SIRV only upon submission to the BOI by the applicant of all the required documents. See the complete guidelines here
Conversion of probationary to indefinate SIRV
BOI fee of P2,000.00 per person
Bureau of Immigration fee of P1,010.00 per person
SIRV Identification Card
Every SIRV visa holder is issued an SIRV ID Card which shall exempt the SIRV HOLDER, his/her spouse and dependent children from securing the Special Return Certificate (SRC), Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) and Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) from the Bureau of Immigration.
Fee: P2,000.00/SIRV holder (Renewable annually)
Note: Renewed every 3 years for SIRV holders whose investments are in the following:
For more information, please see the BOI website.