- In 1/2 cup water add 1/4 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP).
- Hydrate for 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp Carageenan
- 3/4 tsp – Salt, refined
- 1/2 tsp – Curing salt
- 1 tsp – Phosphate, dissolve in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp – Vitamin C powder
- 4 Tbsp- Sugar, refined
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp – Anisado wine
- 2 Tbsp – Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp – Vetsin (MSG)
- 1 tsp – Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp – Paprika powder
- 1 tsp – Black pepper, ground
*Garlic powder may be substituted in the level of 2 tsps per kg
- Select good quality raw materials.
- Grind lean meat coarsely and cure backfat or ground coarsely
- Measure and weigh all the ingredients
- Mix meat with the curing ingredients. Mix until tacky. Add TVP and carageenan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until well blended
- Cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or refrigeration temperature for 1- 2 days
- Stuff in cleaned fresh natural casing or collagen casing
- Link in desired sizes (approximately 4 inches). Pack in polyethylene
- Store in freezer
- Fresh hog casings or collagen casing (#23 – 28)
- If skinless: use paperlyne sheet or plastic sheets 4? x 4? (Meat & fat should be finely ground if to be prepared in skinless type)