- Pressure Cooker, Oven
- Corn Grinder
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- Baking Tins
- Mixing bow!
- Laidel, Spatula
Procedure for bone production
- Wash bangus (milkfish) bone thoroughly
- Pressure cook for 90 minutes at 10 lbs.
- Drain and oven dry for 1 hour at 360°C
- Grind with the use of a corn grinder
- Pack in a clean and dry bottle
- Store in a refrigerator
Procedure for baking calcium-enriched cookies
- 50 grams Fish bone powder
- 50 grams All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Evaporated milk
- 1 pc Egg
- 2 tsp Chocolate powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Calamansi juice
- Measure all ingredients
- Mix all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine with sugar then add milk, vanilla, calamansi juice and egg.
- Add mixed dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour desired amount into a greased and lined baking sheets.
- Pre-heat oven, bake at 170°C for 10-15 minutes.
Fore more information:
Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University
Fisheries Research and Training Institute
North La Union Campus, Balaoan, La Union
photo from skyscrapercity.com, nutritiouslife12.wordpress.com