DFA Red Ribbon for your documents in the Philippines if required for overseas use

DFA Red Ribbon for your documents in the Philippines if required for overseas use

What is the red ribbon from DFA and why do you need it if your a Filipino I bet your asking.. well I was earlier asking the same question as I came across the red ribbon by accident but its something mainly taken in by foreign countries as “proof” your documents are in order. General paperwork such as your birth certificate, marriage certificate are all valid inside the Philippines but upon wanting or needing to go/work abroad you will likely be requested to submit your papers and they will expect it to have a red ribbon similar to the one in the photograph.

Now the bad bit appears now as you have to go to Manila as far as I am aware to get it processed by the DFA. Which you can either do yourself or get a travel agent to do but travel agents are charging over P1,500 per document (yes each!) to process. May work out cheaper in the long run as no doubt they have a knowledge of getting things done at the office but will still take around 3 weeks to arrive.

Just thought I would make others aware of this incase they had documents that needed to be processed for partners looking to work abroad as well as any OFW’s.

14 comments for “DFA Red Ribbon for your documents in the Philippines if required for overseas use

  1. Lorna
    June 6, 2011 at 1:39 pm

    I don’t think it’s lawful to overcharge!!!

  2. lhyn
    September 5, 2011 at 9:34 am

    How many days process ?

  3. dianne
    October 4, 2011 at 8:27 am

    i just went to manila yesterday to red ribbon my documents. i went to old dfa building and i met someone have the same situation to me. we went to ACCE travel and tours and it cost me 600 per papers. the processing time is 7 days. not bad. but its too expensive.

  4. Anonymous
    October 4, 2011 at 10:38 am

    grabe ang mahal mag charge ng mga agent sa pag papared ribbon lang ng Cenomar at Birth Certificate , as in OVERCHARGE SILA eh ang mura lang nman talaga each copies of documents…. GRABE ANG MGA PINOY !!!! 3,500 pesos for 2 copies of Birth Certificate at 2 copies din for Cenomar lang ???

  5. ayang
    October 17, 2011 at 1:21 pm

    @dianne totoo bang 7days lng ang pagpapa red ribbon sa dfa?mgkano lht nagastos mo ska saan nakukuha ung cenomar?

  6. Al Ain
    October 21, 2011 at 6:27 am

    In the first place wag kau dumaan sa mga fixers,.natural lang na mag overcharge cla kc ur asking for something to be processed a lot sooner than its usually done,. don’t complain if you’re being overcharged of something

    • Profile photo of OLDARTICLES
      October 21, 2011 at 7:43 am

      Everyone has the right to complain as the biggest problem in the Philippines is things run very slow. My wifes SSS is looking at 2 YEARS for processing!!

  7. cj
    November 15, 2011 at 3:36 pm

    sobrang dmeng fixer ngeun kya…dont talk the stranger pg ku2ha ng passport or redribbon

  8. Anonymous
    November 30, 2011 at 12:13 pm

    san pwede makakuha ng red ribbon ng mariage certificate??pls help me to know…

  9. Kate
    December 8, 2011 at 1:59 am

    TO: Everyone


    Kung gusto nyo makatipid or makamura.
    ikaw na mismo personally maglakad ng mga red ribbon, NSO, DFA concern mo or anything.
    mura lang naman, tyaga lang sa pila.
    para di maloko sa fixer.
    ganun naman talaga eh, you need to wait for the processing of your documents then balikan nalang nyo.
    at ang maganda pa makakapagtanong ka pa ng iba pa na tanong na gusto mo malaman regarding sa mga documents mo….

    and pls stop complaining… natural lang na mag overcharge cla kc ur asking for something to be processed the sooner than its usually done,….

  10. John
    December 29, 2011 at 4:12 am

    I am a permanent resident of the Philippines. Just took my NBI document to DFA to have it red ribboned. I did it myself, very painless and only took 10 minutes. You can pay extra to have it done in 3 days.

    • Profile photo of OLDARTICLES
      December 30, 2011 at 5:49 am

      Why did you have it red ribboned if your a permanent resident i assume your not going abroad so why did you need it done?

  11. aoki
    April 3, 2012 at 6:28 pm

    guys.. dont b fooled by scammers.
    dfa red ribbon is only 100/doc and will be released after 4 working days. however if u need it rushed, it can be claimed the nxt day at 200/doc. dfa does overcharge. when i went there to process my docs, i had things done in less thAn 30min. u dnt hav to stand and w8 the entire time as there a lot of seating provided. if u cant personally transact, u can send ur docs thru dhl or wwe express. u just need to pay d dfa processing fee of 100/doc or 200 if u want it rushed + dhl delivery fee. i was able to utilize dhl one time and it cost me only 400+ for my 2 docs and they even deliverd it at my home. see.. hassle free and way cheaper! pls dont b fooled by acce or any other agency for that matter. if ur paying mor than the above fees, UR BEING SCAMMED.

  12. bong
    April 13, 2012 at 9:34 am

    legal po ba ung acce travel and tour na agency?